Friday 2 November 2012

Back and on a Fitness Mission for Matchday!!!

Wow, it's really felt like forever since I've been away from here.
This years busy season at work just went on and on and I haven't even had time to text friends never mind write blog posts for strangers to read.
Finally I've got my life back and I've got a lot to catch up on, both writing and reading what you guys have been blogging too!!!!

Well what better thing to start on than whats gonna be happening to me in just a fortnights time.

Back in April I stumbled across an article in my Men's Health magazine about a race that they put together each year called the 'Survival Of The Fittest' and being a guy who loves keeping fit and testing myself I thought "I'll have abit of that"!! With the event I chose being held on the 17th of November, I thought that's plenty of time to train especially as I run most nights, play football and general take care of myself anyway.
But as I stated earlier my 'busy season' at work dragged on a little longer than expected this year, giving me about 3 weeks to work my arse off trying to get my fitness back and beyond ready for this physical test of endurance. . . Oh shit!!!
As much as I love abit of pain through hard work I personally find it hard doing this on my own and do like abit of help, help being in the form of sports nutrition products (protein, for feeding and aiding in my recovery after exercise and an isotonic energy drink for before and during to give me the extra boost I need).
There are so many on the market now days and without trying them all, (which would take an awfully long time and cost a damn fortune) I've always gone by word of mouth, who's doing good deals and my most popular way of choosing, which company has the best flavours!!
For a few years now I've always used Maximuscle as they have always provided great tasting products that work, my favourites being their Promax meal and Promax diet bars and the Promax protein tubs. www.maximuscle.com
I still use their products frequently especially the protein bars as they are a great quick fix of good protein after a footy match or workout but I have strayed away from the powdered protein and have started using what I would say are my new favourite mix shakes . . . JstJodie!!!
The Jodie Marsh line of sport nutrition products are awesome with by far the best flavours but the best product in her line is the fat burners that everyone seems to be using 'SEMTEX'.
It's hard not checking my Twitter timeline without someone mentioning they have joined the #SemtexArmy and are fastly noticing their weight loss!
And let's be honest it's no lie, I lost half a stone in 2weeks when I took the little pills nicknamed 'Gold Dust'! So if your looking for great tasting products that work then hit up this web link and start buying!!  www.jstjodie.com

When it comes to a isotonic sports drink I've never been to fussy, as the many different brands I've tried have all done their job in my opinion, but i'd rather have something with next to no sweeteners etc in as it defeats the object.
Recently my wife happened to mention my love for exercise/sports and my blog to one of her customers, who has a shared interest in sports and sports nutrition and has started his own company who sell powdered isotonic solutions called Matchday.
To my delight he very kindly gave me a tub to try out and see what I thought and hopefully gain himself another customer aswell as some word of mouth custom.
I've been using the product for 2 weeks now before exercise and during longer periods of exercise where extra energy is needed. I can say it is a great isotonic drink, it definatly has aided my energy levels, it has a great taste and is free of artificial sweetners (crap you don't need) which is great!!! So needless to say i shall be going back for more and at the low price of £19.99 a tub, why wouldn't I!!
To see more on this product and their recovery solutions too, visit www.thematchday.co.uk  or hit up @TheMatchDay and @WHUTheGoalMouth on twitter but please don't be put off by the fact he's a Westham fan he's still a good guy.



Well with the help of my sports nutritional products and my determination im sure i'll be back fit enough to take on the 'Survival Of The Fittest' course. I shall keep you all posted on how it goes.

www.mhsurvival.co.uk incase you wanna check out the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment